The Solent Sunbeam is a classic keelboat with great performance.
Few of today's one design classes are as long-lived or as successful as the Sunbeam, still racing hard after ninety-five years.
Solent Sunbeams enjoy close competitive racing in Chichester Harbour and in the Solent.
The key attributes of a Solent Sunbeam:
- - A classic keelboat, the largest of the Alfred Westmacott designs, the Solent Sunbeams at Itchenor range from 95 years of age to new all-GRP and newly epoxied yachts, yet all racing on level terms.
- - Beautiful lines with great handling across the whole wind spectrum.
- - Often just one crew member needed in boats that are suited to both men and women.
- - Highly competitive regular racing in a one-design fleet with no restrictions for tides on most weekends and Thursday evenings from March to October.
- - A well-organised crew/helm request system as well as training sessions and a welcoming attitude to new sailors.
- - Annual racing at Cowes Classic Week and Cowes Week with passage races.
- - Sheltered moorings in beautiful Chichester Harbour.
- - Great camaraderie and community spirit in the Class and Club with many social events.
For more details contact: Oliver Gilchrist, Class Captain
Or see the Sunbeam website
Last updated 11:00 on 16 May 2021