02 February 2021: XOD Class Association Fixtures
Published 00:00 on 2 Feb 2021
After a much disrupted 2020 season, the XOD Class Association has been working on a programme of events for 2021. This year is the 100th year of the Class Association and this is testament to the longevity not just of the Class but also of the boats which form the history of the Class.
Having worked closely with the hosting Divisions the Class is now able to announce the following as the proposed Open Event list for 2021. Whilst much depends on how the current restrictions are adapted and developed; the programme sees the Class visit each of the six Divisions where XOD fleets are to be found. The programme builds on the club racing that each Division organises to allow sailors from the different Divisions to come together across the sailing season.
Within this programme it is hoped that there will be a chance to build in a new Traveller's series based on the best results from three of the events attended. Whilst the final details will be subject to Covid restrictions there is a real desire on the part of the Association to recognise those sailors in the class who take time to support events away from their own Division.
Next year 2022 will see the Class looking to celebrate 100 years of XOD class racing at Cowes Week; the plan is that 2021 can provide a suitable build up to that.
- Eastern Solent Championships - June 5th-6th (Itchenor)
- The Probert - June 9th (Itchenor)
- Itchenor Sailing Club Regatta - June 12th (Itchenor)
- Itchenor Keelboat Week - June 14th-18th (Itchenor)
- Lymington XOD Week - June 26th- 30th (Lymington)
- Cowes Classics Week - July 5th-9th (Cowes)
- Taittinger Trophy - July 16th-18th (Yarmouth)
- Central Solent Championships - July 24th-25th (Hamble)
- HDYC & RYS Regattas - July 24th-25th (Cowes)
- Cowes Week - July 31st - August 7th (Cowes)
- Poole Week - August 22nd-27th (Parkstone)
- Telegraph Bowl - 4th-5th September (Cowes)
- Hamble Classics - 10th-12th September (Hamble)
Last updated 09:54 on 17 June 2021